4 years ago
Tuesday, April 1, 2008
Oops, I did it again!!
Happy April Fools Day everyone!! Okay, I know that I am pathetic but April Fools Day is one of my favorite days of the year because its the day that I get to play tricks on my wonderful mom. Every year for about the last 10 years I have put the rubber band around the nozzle in her kitchen sink and when she turns the sink on she gets wet. The trick is to position it right so that it will squirt her good. I have missed the mark a few years but she usually ends up wet by the end of the night. The last few years have been a little bit harder not living at home but I make it a habit to call and pester my dear brother and sister reminding them to do my dirty work. My mom has got a bit smarter through the years and so its not so easy to get her because she always turns on the news first thing in the morning and as soon as she realizes what day it is she runs down and checks so it usually takes several attempts before she is drenched. This year was no different and I called my sister last night to remind her but she still forgot and my mom checked anyway. I called and bugged people a few times to remember to put it back and she finally called me a few hours ago and told me the good news. Her sweater was hanging up to dry. I know its mean but I love it. The best was about 6 years ago when I was working for DCFS with the foster kids and was constantly being told by caseworkers that I was exposed to lice among other things. I always had my mom check for me and luckily never got lice but that year I decided to trick her and I called her from work and tell her that they were sending me home early because I had lice and they gave me shampoo treatment (we always had some handy in the office) I had my friend Staci sprinkle some salt in my hair where I knew my mom would check and I left work early with my lice shampoo. I got home to find that she had already stripped the sheets off my bed and had them in the washer so I had her search my head and she kept finding the darn little bugs (salt) I decided to tell her the truth before she fumigated the whole house but she did not believe me. She kept saying "no Jen you really do have lice" even after I told her that it was salt she kept insisting that I had it until I finally convinced her that I am a mean daughter and that I really was joking. I Love You Mom!!! p.s. if anyone has any ideas for some new pranks for next year let me know. Thanks!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
K I love it!!! and the lice thing is classic. I know those dang kids huh?! I remember when I worked at the foster shelter and we always thought we had lice,ughh!!! but thats so funny, your poor mom hehe
That's funny. What a fun mom! You're lucky she doesn't beat you up each year! :)
We have played this joke on my parents a few times in the past...it gets them everytime!! You are pretty creative to come up with the lice joke! So funny!!
You are lucky mom is so forgiving and forgetful!!! Just think your kids will be playing tricks on you before you know it....and don't worry I will definitely be helping them!!
Jen,
I love April Fool's too. My mom, however, is usually the one pulling the pranks. She taught me this one this year. Put a raisin in the toothpaste and the person using it next, thinks it is a bug! I have seen it and it is funny. Good to see your darling blog and family!
That is the funniest thing I have ever read! Your mom is such a good sport, I swear if I ever did that in the Flint home I would have gone to bed without dinner and with a red bum! So funny! I love the lice story too, I am going to start doing it to my students, just throw some salt in their hair and tell them to go home! Funny stuff
Post a Comment