My moms birthday was Saturday and us girls went to Park City for lunch and a day of shopping with no kids. Well, no older kids that run around like animals anyway I did have to bring Ally because of her eating habits but she was a perfect angel. Well, even though it was a few days ago, I just wanted to tell my beautiful mother Happy B-Day and tell you all how much I love her and what a great mom she is. Anyone who knows my mom knows how lucky I am to have her. My mom is the most amazing person I know. After losing my dad to cancer 1 1/2 years ago and then my mom having her own battle with cancer I have learned to not take our parents for granted no matter how young they are or how young they might act in my moms case. You never know what Heavenly Father has in store for us. My mom has been so amazing through this whole crappy situation that she has been placed in. She kept a positive attitude even in the hospital week of hell where they practically tried to kill her, while shaving her head and through chemo which she will be finishing tomorrow. HALLELUJAH!! She has still been working her butt off making sure that the world has their t-shirts and has still been bowling every Thursday after being at the hospital all day hooked up to chemo and she has still been babysitting whenever she has been needed. Somehow she has still had the energy to be the amazing grandma that her grand kids have come to expect and still gets down and chases them around (sometimes with her bald head) but lately Ally has been crying whenever her wig is off. It sucked that this weekend also had to be the first weekend that the Red Sox and Yankees played each other this season. Ryan is the only Red Sox fan among a lot of Yankee fans and he is lucky enough that I am the only one in my family, Aunts, Uncles, cousins, everyone that is not a fan at all. I like baseball but I don't really care either way. I was a little worried going over to my moms on Sunday that Ryan would not behave himself around my family but I think it went okay. Probably only because the Red Sox just happened to win that day. Here are some pics of the cousins in their team apparel. Don't mind the huge scratch on Justins face. I guess thats what happens when you leave your kids home with their dads for a day. J/K!!
4 years ago

6 comments:
Stupid Red Sox! Your mom really is one of the best people there is. We are all lucky to know her and I am constantly amazed by her positive attitude. She is wonderful and I am glad you all did something fun for her day.
Tell your Mom Happy Birthday! She really is the best! She was like my second Mom growing up! She looks fantastic too. She is such a trooper. Looks like she had a fun day.
As for softball, I am playing with Lindy Henley and her family. We should all get a team together this fall. I would love to play with all you guys again!
Your kids are adorable and getting so big. We really should get together soon!
What sweet thoughts! Mom's are so important to us. It is crazy that as we become moms ourselves how much we realize that.
Wow, I can't believe how much you guys have went through in the last couple of years. It just goes to show you what a positive attitude will do for you! We need to remember and cherish the relationships in our life!
Your Mom sounds AMAZING!!! You gave such a cute family and you are in our prayers!!
Hey Jen! Well as you can see I broke down and decided to join the blogging world. I hope I will be able to do it. Shawnie has helped me alot beacuse I suck at computers. I agree about getting together at the park because Hudson talkes about his "little friend" from Darrens alumni games. That was so dang cute! Anyways, this will be a fun way to keep in touch.
Post a Comment