Friday, October 3, 2008

The Joys of Motherhood!!

So, the other night Ryan was at the church for a meeting and I decided that Ally probably needed to be changed and take a bath. While I was changing her I realized that there were a few other wet diapers on her dresser that had gathered during the day that I needed to take out so I left her naked cuz she LOVES to be naked and I asked Justin to watch her for 2 seconds while I ran down to throw her diapers out. When I came back up to her room Justin just casually mentions to me that Ally had just pooped on the floor. I grabbed her and ran her into the bathroom and in the tub while I was trying to clean all the poop off her and out of the tub (luckily she was standing so it wasn't smashed all over her) I just kept thinking of the poop on the floor in her room that I still had to clean up and that I couldn't leave her in the tub by herself and about how she had been having diarrhea the last few days from teething (yeah, she finally just cut her first two teeth within the last few weeks) I was hoping and praying that this was a solid poop so that I wouldn't throw up which I almost did anyway. I kept whining the whole time I was cleaning her off and Justin asked me if I was crying and I told him no but I was maybe going to throw up so he told me to make sure and throw up in the toilet. I think he was worried about having to clean up after me and Ally. Finally, I got Ally all cleaned and left her in the tub with about an inch of water and left Justin to watch her and make sure that she didn't pull herself up and slip and fall while I ventured into her room. Luckily all my praying and hoping paid off and I got it all up in one big turd and almost couldn't even tell where it had been. Whew!! Of course Ryan always misses out on all the fun things that happen. I did have 1 thought to run and grab my camera before I cleaned it up but then I realized that nobody would probably want to see a picture of that. Ally is 11 months old today!!! I should probably update about her a little since I am such a blog slacker and she has changed so much lately. She is a walking machine at home as long as she doesn't have shoes on she will take 10-15 steps by herself before she eventually falls or gets to where she is going but she still has to pull herself up to something. She loves to watch Elmo's World DVD's in the car and fortunately Justin doesn't mind them either. She is finally starting to get enough hair to pull into a ponytail on top of her head but it pretty much just sticks straight up. As I mentioned before she FINALLY has her 2 bottom teeth after months of torturing me. She has slept all night for the last 2 nights from 9 until 8:30 but I am so used to getting up with her that I am not planning on it lasting long. I can't believe that she is going to be 1 in a month it has gone by so fast. I am really struggling with birthday and x-mas presents for her so if anyone has any ideas please send them my way!!!!

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

Oh the joys!! We have had a few liquid ones on our floor before!! Gross! You are lucky! I can't believe she will be one either, wow!

Chelle said...

oh man! What a funny story! I can laugh cause it wasn't on my carpet. :)

THE SCHIFFMAN'S said...

hi- that is great-ayden pooped alot of diaria is the tub when there was like an inch of water in it. worse is that she had a cup in the tub with her, when i walked in she had a cup and a mouth full. kids are so freakin' gross!!! lol-signed,
mom of the year

shelby said...

Jen, that is so funny!! Anna pooped in the tub once when she was about two and it scared her it was so funny!! Hey I am having a modbe party at my house on Thurs November 6th from 6:30-8. If you want to come that would be fun. I only like to have these parties so I can see my friends every now & again!!
My address is 2544 N 800 # in north ogden it is really close to the fish farm just off of Fruitland Dr.

Unknown said...

That's funny...I can honestly say I don't have any poop stories! BTW, kinda slacking on keeping up on the blog, you should post those cute Halloween pictures!