Well, it finally happened. The day that my beautiful little baby girl had her birthmark removed. We have known since the day she was born that we were going to do it when the Doctors told us that it would be a good idea. I also did my own research and found out that because the nature of it (was basically a mole) that she had more chances of it turning into skin cancer as she got older. With the way cancer runs in mine and Ryans family we decided that as soon as the docs would agree that we would do it. We were fortunate enough to have my sister-in-law Amy work for a plastic surgeon and who better to cut your daughters face open than a plastic surgeon? Dr. Malan did us a huge favor by agreeing to this because he does not normally operate on babies and because of that he did the procedure in the hospital instead of his office which made us a little less nervous. Anyways, after a long time waiting at the hospital, Amy finally came to get Ally and she had no problems going with her which was great because I had invisioned the anesthesiologist coming to take her away and having her crying and reaching out for us. Amy said that she only cried for a second before they put her to sleep. The whole thing was only about a half hour before we got to see her and she did really well. She cried for about a half hour but not because of pain, she was just trying to wake up and was confused and a little groggy. Once she finally woke up all the way she has been back to the same happy little angel that we all love. She goes back to the Dr. on Wed. to have the steri strips taken off and I can't wait to see how it looks. (I will post pics for sure.)
4 years ago



9 comments:
Oh, I am so glad that everything went great. What a sweet little girl. I bet that was tough on you and Ryan. She is such a cutie!
jen,i'm so glad everything went good! lets get together soon. she could not be cuter!
Jenny,
I swear a couple of those pics are just like looking at your babay pics. What a relief to have that all over with I bet. Sounds like she did great and she probably won't even remember it at all. It was probably way worse for you and Ryan.
Give her kisses.
Hey, haha about the breast reduction!! Hey she won't be hatin' that later on in life! Glad she's feeling back to norm! Let me know what Dr. Malan says tomorrow.
I am so happy to hear the surgery was a success! What a little trooper! And let me know about the breast reduction. Maybe they can do like a two for one deal cuz Kamryn is stacked too!!
I love Ally!!! She is the happiest baby....you are lucky she is so good. And I am sure you won't have to worry about a breast reduction, they will probably flatten out like yours did...ha ha.
What a cute baby girl! I am glad to hear that she is doing well!
Jen,
That is always scary to have your baby put to sleep!
Anna had two surgeries when she was a baby and I was a wreck! I am so glad all went well!!
I'm glad that everything went smoothly! She is so cute! I can't believe how much she and Justin look like each other! The picture of her laying on her back in her hospital bed and then the picture of Justin as a baby on your side bar......They are twins!!
Post a Comment