Monday, June 23, 2008

Happy Birthday to ME!!

Well, I know its been forever since I have posted but there hasn't been too much going on lately in my life. This last Friday was my birthday "the big 29" and it was a really fun weekend. Ryan got off work early on Thursday and we took the kids to Lagoon. We have season passes so its worth it to only go for a few hours. Anyway, the kids were great and had fun so we ended up staying until they closed at 10:00.














Friday after Ally took her morning nap we headed down to SLC to shop and eat at the Cheesecake Factory. The food was awesome as usual and we ordered cheesecakes to go but after they sat in our car in the sun they were pretty much cheesecake puddles. After an hour in the freezer they were still delicious. We also stopped by Ryans sister Haleys house to visit her and her cute baby Cason who is getting so big. Saturday we had a little softball practice (I am so sore and out of shape) but mostly we were lazy and just pretty much hung out at home all day but Sunday after church we went to my moms for my yummy b-day dinner and my mom made my grandpa Knudsons famous Chocolate Chipper Cake. YUMMY!!! We played a little badminton and I totally sucked. I don't know how I can be somewhat athletic and have such horrible eye/hand coordination. I would say that 90% of my serves didn't make it over the net and some I totally just missed all together. My poor brother/teammate was so patient and nice. Its a good thing Ryan wasn't on my team. Him and Shelly were the champions of the night but if I can work on my serves a little me and Scott would've totally killed them. Justin was playing his own little game of badminton with grandma and insists that one of these days he will teach me to be as good as him. It was a fun weekend but I am so far behind on my laundry and housework that I have been trying to get caught up all day.

























4 comments:

Shelly said...

It looks like you had a nice birthday, it was nice Ryan was able to get off work. I hope you do a lot better at hitting in our game this week than you did at serving in badminton. I totally jacked up my back tonight playing racket ball so hopefully its better by Thurs.

Heather said...

I love baby Ally! She is at the cutest age. PS. I am better than you at badmitton (sp?) Finally i can beatyou at something!

Hollie B said...

Happy Birthday girl, almost into the over 30 club.
Better get working on that badminton serve, I smell a rematch. Justing and Ally looked like they had a great time, gotta love Lagoon.

shelby said...

Happy Birthday!! I cant believe we are 29. I still think I'm about 24!!