Holy Cow it seems like it has taken me forever to be able to post about our fun trip. I hate coming home from vacation because there is so much unpacking, laundry and cleaning to be done it almost feels like you need another vacation. Anyway, we had so much fun and the kids were so good. I was really worried about how Ally would do in the car for that long but she did great and Justin sat and watched movies in the back with my sister Shelly the whole time. We didn't really do a whole lot other than swim, eat and play games but it was relaxing. The condos had 3 swimming pools and a lazy river so none of them were ever too crowded and the pool closest to our room was by far the warmest which didn't feel to refreshing with it being over 100 degrees but it was the best for a 6 month old to swim in. Ally liked the pool but only for about a half hour or so at a time and then she was done. Justin on the other hand wanted to swim morning, noon and night. He has always been pretty good with the water other than in the bath he cries if a drop of water gets in his eyes but by the last day he was so brave as you can see in the video clip. One of his arm floaties got a hole in it so Ryan convinced him to take them off and be brave and I was so impressed. I can't even jump in a pool without plugging my nose so he is already doing better than me. My brothers longtime childhood friend Tate works at the Red Rock Resort and used to be a cook at the Terra Rossa restaurant in the resort which is a very fancy expensive Italian restaurant so we met him there and he got us the hook up with our own private room with a huge flat screen t.v. and every appetizer free and a huge discount on our dinner. Without him our bill would've been at least 500 dollars for all of us but it ended up only like 250. The food was amazing and I am a very picky person but I was proud of myself and tried a lot of stuff that I normally wouldn't even touch. The only time we went to the strip was to the M&M and Coke stores and to let the kids see the lions at MGM where we also ate at the Rainforest Cafe which was yummy but that was enough of the strip for me. That place can be so trashy and I didn't want Justin ending up with all the free porn that he could get his hands on. HaHa. The last night we were there we just hung out and played Guitar Hero and Catch Phrase which was fun. I love playing games with my family even though I am the only non-competitive one. Justin and Erin were so funny playing Guitar Hero. Shelly was behind them with the other guitar and really playing the song but they both thought they were really doing it and so proud of themselves. Anyway, we had a ton of fun but I was glad to get home to get my kids back on a schedule and sleeping better in their own beds.
4 years ago

1 comment:
Hey Jen I am so happy I found your blog!! I cant believe how big your kids are getting!! We all need to get together soon! Tell your mom I said hello! How is she doing??
Post a Comment