Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Christmas Time!!

Well, I know that I am a little behind as usual. I just wish I had a little behind. haha. I had so many pictures that I wanted to post so I decided to make a few collages instead. I got a memory mixer program for Christmas so this is all new and fun for me. The first one has pictures from mostly my moms house trying to take pictures for her Christmas cards which was a little bit of a nightmare trying to get all the kids to cooperate and there are also a few pictures of Justin and Ally from our house before church in their cute clothes my mom bought them.
Justin and Ally had the opportunity to see Santa 4 or 5 times this year and as you can see, Ally wasn't thrilled about any of them. The picture with her and Justin where she is screaming is from our ward party and I warned everyone that she would cry but I still wanted a picture. (Mean mom I know.) This is the first year that Santa has made his appearance at Ryan's parents house on X-mas eve but I hope he comes again next year when Ally might like him a little better. We went to my Aunt Pennie and Uncle Robert's house for their annual party first and then to Ryans parents second and had good food and company at both places. Our nephew Cason was sick and throwing up the whole night so that sucked but it was still a good time.
My mom also bought the grandkids matching pj's for christmas and they looked so cute waking up in them on Christmas morning. Justin woke up around 7:00 and yelled my name. When I went into his room he said "I wish it was morning so I could open my presents." Me being the mean mom that I am told him that it was not morning yet and he needed to go back to sleep for a little while even though I knew that wasn't going to happen. I was just as excited as him but I wanted Ally to get a little more sleep. After a half our or so of laying in bed with him we decided to go and wake up Ryan and Justin even layed in our bed until around 8:00 watching cartoons until he finally begged us to wake up Ally and we agreed. Justin was fun to watch open presents but is getting a little spoiled the older he gets and is never satisfied and always wants to open one more. He was most excited about his umbrella, Geotrax airport, Tonka street sweeper and cherry picker trucks and his Red Sox jersey that matches Ryans. Ally was most excited about all the wrapping paper and boxes and also enjoyed her new baby and sitting in her new chair. As you can see by the pictures, she was too distracted to look at the camera. After we opened presents at home we got dressed and headed over to Ryan's parents for breakfast and more presents. Justin got a bunch of stuff but the main present was the playskool dance cam that hooks to the t.v. so he can see himself dance. Ally also got a bunch but her main present was the leapfrog learning table that she absolutely loves. Ryan and I got a bunch of stuff too and MONEY!!! Thanks Bob and Teresa!
After we left Ryans parents, we came home so that Ally could take a nap and we put a bunch of their toys together and then headed up to my mom's to get SPOILED as usual. My mom has spoiled us since we were little and continues to do so. There were times as an adult that my stack of presents were taller than me. Ally loves her new Elmo live doll and Justins favorite was his robot that shoots disks out they also got more toys and TONS of clothes. Ryan and I also got tons of clothes as wells as tons of giftcards, and a folding table and chairs set. Thanks Mom. My mom also made these sweet pork tacos and they were YUMMY!!! Ryan got sick in the middle of the night and was throwing up and the next morning Justin also started throwing up. It was no fun taking care of those 2 and trying to keep Ally away from them. Justin threw up for 4 days straight and the majority of it was in my bed. After changing my sheets a few times he ended up laying on towells for a few days. Ryan's grandma, dad and my niece also got sick so the Gentry family party was rescheduled for this Friday. It's gonna be kinda weird going to a Christmas party so long after Christmas but it should be fun.

3 comments:

Chelle said...

Your kids are getting HUGE!! Looks like you guys had a fun Christmas this year!

Lisa said...

Sounds so fun! I am so sad that the Holidays are already over. Also, cute new pictures of your family, they look darling.

Anonymous said...

Yay, you posted! Looks like you guys had a blast at Christmas! I love Justin's new Red Sox jersey. Ryker would be jealous! I am doing good now. Finally over my morning/afternoon/night sickness! Man, I have been by far the sickest with this one. Glad it is our last one! I am just shy of 17 weeks and just plugging along...counting down the days! Hope all is well with you guys!