Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Happy/Sad Anniversary!!!

Well, it was 5 years ago Friday, Sept. 12th since Ryan and I tied the knot. I can't believe it has been that long and I am still putting up with his crap!! J/K Our anniversaries have all been so different from each other. We were talking about it the other day trying to remember all the things we had done to celebrate them and here is the exciting list. Our 1st anniversary was when Justin was about 6 weeks old and we had been visiting my sister and her hubby in Wyoming and drove home on our anniversary so we were in the car all day. Our 2nd one was spent at Disneyland with my mom, dad and sister Shelly. It was Ryans first time to Disneyland and it wasn't crowded at all so that was a good day. Our 3rd anniversary was also the day that my dad passed away which is why the sad part of the anniversary and last year we just went to dinner and a movie and I was HUGE pregnant with Ally. This year was not any different or exciting but Ryan did get off work early and took me to Ruby River YUMMY!! and then we all went with my mom to Roy's homecoming game to watch them get killed. I know how romantic huh? Ryan really wanted to go somewhere for the night but I am still nursing Ally and can't leave her over night yet. Even though he never reads this blog, I just want to tell Ryan how much I love him and what a great hubby he is and tell him thanks for working so hard so that I am able to stay home with our monsters. On the 12th it was also the 2 year anniversary since the day that my dad died and I can truly say that I really miss him. I was always a daddy's girl growing up and remained very close with my dad even after I got married. It does get better all the time and I can say that I don't miss him everyday anymore. I miss him the most when I need something fixed at my house or on my car or when I hear certain songs on the radio that remind me of him. When someone makes a dumb joke it always makes me think of his lame sense of humor and how he always teased everyone. Anyone that knew my dad loved him and knows what a great person he was and how fun he was to be around. On Saturday the 13th I finally got to see my wonderful parents be sealed together in the Ogden Temple and then be sealed to them myself. My dads friend Brad Beus who he has been friends with since elementary stood in as the proxy for my dad and Ryan and Jim got to be witnesses. What a great experience that was and a wonderful day for my family. We had so many friends and family members come to support us on that very special day it was such an awesome spiritual experience. I am so proud of my mom and the life that she lives and the example that she is to all of us and I am so happy that she will be with my dad for eternity. Me and my cute little daddy (aka Grizzly Adams)

(Jim, Heather, Scott, Brad, Mom, Me, Ryan)

8 comments:

Melissa said...

Your dad was amazing!! I loved how he joked and played with EVERYONE, even the neighbor from down the road (me). You have such an amazing family Jen and I am so glad that I got to know your family and be great friends with Shelly. I'm glad your parents got to be sealed together, I'm sure it was an amazing spiritual experience!! Happy Anniversaries!!

Anonymous said...

WOW, get me a tissue!! I can't believe it has been two years already. Your Dad was the best and funniest Dad ever! I loved that guy like he was my own Dad. I will never forget all the teasings and lame jokes your Dad dished out to us on a daily basis. He was a great, great guy and I miss him!

THE SCHIFFMAN'S said...

OH JEN I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOUR FAMILY!! I ALWAYS THINK OF YOUR DAD THIS TIME OF YEAR BECAUSE HIS BIRTHDAY IN AUGUST AND HIS FUNERAL IN SEPTEMBER BECAUSE I ALMOST WENT INTO LABOR WITH AYDEN IN THE LINE AT HIS FUNERAL. I LOVE YA!

Lisa said...

What a special weekend. I am so glad that you got to experience the sealing. Hopefully, it helped make a sad day, a better one!

Chelle said...

How neat to be able to do that with your family! I'm truly happy for you!

Unknown said...

Being sealed to Joel and my family was the greatest moment of my life. I am excited you were able to experience that with your family. It's a memory I'm sure you'll treasure forever. Your Dad sounds a lot like mine, I understand why he is truly missed by those who knew him.


p.s. this will take you to my blog, and then from there you will find other ward members, see you Friday :)

shelby said...

Jen, that is so great!! I am so happy for you guys!! You have been through so much in the last little while!!

Crystal said...

Jen, that is so amazing. I am so proud of you all. You know that is exactly what your dad wanted. I constantly think about your family (maybe due to the fact that we both lost two amazing people, my mom Cassie) You know they are both up there right now teasing with each other. The both were inspirations to each other. Its nice to be able to keep in touch through the blogs like this.